Wednesday, December 15, 2010

2008 Adelsheim Elizabeth's Reserve Pinot noir


My friend Nick recommended this wine, so I tried it during the Thanksgiving open houses. It is a great wine. Now, Matt Kramer (the Oregonian's wine writer) has written how great it is. He says yes it is $50, but it's worth it. It's from the vintage generally considered Oregon's best ever. It demonstrates great concentration, depth and nuance, and this may be the best Elizabeth's ever. I loved its nose which emphasized violets and fruit, with the requisite barnyard just a subtle note in the background, and I loved its richness and complexity on the palate. It's best bought now and laid down.


I was fortunate to be given a private tour by Adelsheim's winemaker, which afforded plenty of time to learn a lot about this wine and his winemaking theory. I'm a fan. And I offer this one at $40. While it lasts. Contact me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine and Your Health: Getting Real

 Here are two articles on wine and our health: 1. First article : Grapes are a superfood that lower bad chloresterol. Many of their healthy ...